Nantucket Beach Conditions
Beach Conditions are made available from during the summer season. We will post them here as soon as they become available each day.
Conditions for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Cisco Beach Conditions
Four-mile bike ride to end of Hummock Pond Road.
Children's Beach Conditions
Harbor Beach, an easy walk from town down So. Beach Street and off Harbor View Way.
Nobadeer Beach Conditions
Located near the airport. Parking is limited. This beach can be difficult to access due to steep incline.
Surfside Beach Conditions
This is one of the most popular beaches on Nantucket. Very family friendly though the surf can get heavy at times.
Sconset Beach Conditions
Siasconset Beach is wide beach located at the eastern most tip of the island and very popular for those staying in 'Sconset. It is accessible by NRTA shuttle in season.
Jetties Beach Conditions
Easy bike ride from town or take the NRTA shuttle bus in season.
Madaket Beach Conditions
At the far western end of the island, Madaket is accessible by bike via a 5.5 mile paved bike path, or take the NRTA shuttle bus (seasonal).
No Swimming Flag Conditions:
- • Swimming in this area is dangerous.
Red Flag Conditions:
For Your Safety the Beach is Closed
- • Rough and dangerouis ocean conditions
- • Weather and surf conditions may change suddenly
- • Surf conditions running 3 ft. and larger
- • Strong currents
- • White caps due to high wind conditions
- • Portuguese man-o-war (Jellyfish) may exist near shoreline.
Yellow Flag Conditions:
Please use caution at all times.
- • Surf conditions up to 3 ft.
- • Wind and surf conditions may also change with little or no warning.
- • Currents may exist under the ocean surface
Green Flag Conditions:
Have fun and be safe!
- • Calm Conditions
- • Use caution